Expecto Patronum
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Colourblind

Pagina 1 van 3 1, 2, 3  Volgende

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Ga naar beneden

Colourblind Empty Colourblind

Bericht van Frederick Crowley ma nov 19 2018, 11:15

It was never hard to find out where certain people were. Especially not in a place like this. If one just took a minute to listen carefully, it was easy to figure out. Some people just left a clear impression on the world around them. Leaving a trail that was clear enough to follow. The castle was never quiet. Whispering voices, quiet but still there. He had been trained to listen. Whenever he heard her name mentioned, he knew he was still walking in the right direction. It seemed like she was in the teachers lounge.

Normally that room would be off limits, but as long as no one actually stopped him, he could walk on, right? He was no professor, but not a student anymore either. He had his ways to gain access to most rooms here anyway. Not that he would actually break into places without a good reason though. But he was kind of excited to catch up with Alison. They were childhood friends after all, and in the back of his mind he was always wondering if she was doing alright. He truly cared about her wellbeing, a familiar feeling that had kind of always just been there.

Once he entered the lounge, he soon spotted the blonde sitting at a desk. Scribbling notes on what looked to be homework. She was sitting with her back towards him, so he walked up to her. He expected her to not turn around, as she had no idea he was here anyway. She probably thought he was one of her colleagues. Fred placed his hand next to her on the desk to quickly peek at the paper. Homework indeed. ”What are you doooing?” He asked amused, now shifting his gaze towards her to meet hers when she looked up.

&Alison

we've never burned so bright
Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID
Year: Graduate
Species: Wizard

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Colourblind Empty Re: Colourblind

Bericht van Alison Winter ma nov 19 2018, 11:29

It really seemed to be all she was doing these days. Grading. You'd think that teaching would make up the biggest part of her job description, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Most of her time was spent reading through the gibberish her students wrote down, violently scrapping parts with her feather and writing down feedback. Some students didn't need it as much and she sometimes even wrote down a 'well done' at the top of the parchment, but those cases were rare as she wanted to keep stimulating them to do even better next time. Yes, it could be harsh, but she wasn't a babysitter. At least not officially.

The one thing that annoyed her more than the grading itself was when others kept her from doing it. Of course, some of her fellow professors could always distract her for a chat, like Lev and Nyx, but for the majority of the time she really appreciated it when people just let her do her work in peace. As was the case when a voice distracted her yet again. She let out an irritated hmpf. "Can't you see I'm-" She looked up, finding herself gazing straight into the eyes of one of her closest and oldest friends. "Fred!" She jumped up, wrapping him in a tight hug before leaning back to look at his face. "What are you doing here?" she said excitedly. As long as it wasn't because of trouble at the school, she would be happy to have him here.
are you afraid to fall
Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind 24ealas

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID

Potions professor

Bericht van Frederick Crowley ma nov 19 2018, 12:04

Sometimes, he regretted his job did not involve him being around Hogwarts all the time. All his friends had kind of found one that required them to stay here. He was the only one of their group who now lived in London. It wasn’t like he was lonely. He had friends at the ministry as well. But it was not really the same. He wondered how different his life could be if he had decided to become a teacher here as well. He loved his job though. It was the perfect fit for him. He had discovered his talents and had blossomed in his new career. He wasn’t even sure if he had it in him to actually teach a class. Perhaps, in a subject that truly interested him.

Teaching was more than just talking in front of a class though. The homework she was grading looked incredibly boring. Sure, he had paperwork as well. But it was not fifty times the same content. Maybe his choice hadn’t been that bad after all. And the surprise on her face.. Worth it. The man chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her as well and embraced her happily. ”I’m taking some time off of work to come bother my dearest friend”, He replied with a grin. ”I’m sorry I didn’t come over sooner. It was crazy busy. I’m surprised they let me go, to be honest”, He then said. Looking at the papers and back to her, he added, ”Seems like I’m not the only one drowning in work though.”

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Alison Winter wo nov 21 2018, 23:24

She mostly just stupidly grinned at him while listening to him talk. It was almost surreal to see him, here, during what she'd thought to be a regular day. "You came all the way here even though you're busy? Why, I'm flattered." she said, her posh accent shining through. She glanced at the parchments that she had left scattered across the table at his mentioning. "Yes, I suppose, but it's really same old, same old. Contrary to popular belief, students actually learn new things every single day." Which also meant that they turned in assignments every day, which also meant that she had to give those back the next day. Every single day. She turned back to her friend. "But you put aside your work for me and I can always do this tonight, so please tell me how you've been!" She motioned for him to sit down at the table, as it would be a bit weird to keep standing in the middle of the room. "Or do you want to go somewhere?"
are you afraid to fall
Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind 24ealas

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID

Potions professor

Bericht van Frederick Crowley wo nov 21 2018, 23:48

It was actually so nice to see her again. Soon enough, he was falling back into old habits. As if time had stood still and was unfrozen when she wrapped his arms around him. It was one of the aspects of moving that had scared him the most. He had been afraid their relationship would die out, like a candle that was depleted of oxygen when one put a glass over it. At the same time, he could have guessed that wouldn’t happen. They would not let it happen. They’d been in each other’s lives for too long and he could barely remember if they had ever had a true fight about anything. She was his best friend and he knew she would be so for a very long time in the future as well.

Fred gave her a meaningful look when she responded to his words. ”As if I would not drop everything and rush here as soon as I got the chance”, He clarified with an amused tone in his voice. ”Those poor students”, He teased her playfully. He could actually guess she spent way more time grading all those assignments than the students spent on writing them. ”Nah, here is fine, though let’s go sit over there so those papers don’t stare at you all the time. Wouldn’t want you to feel guilty”, He chuckled, nodding at the more cozy corner of the lounge.

”I’ve been doing quite great”, He started off after he had made himself comfortable on the couch. ”I recently got promoted. I’m in charge of planning out missions now”, He told her proudly. ”It keeps me distracted. Which is a good and a bad thing at the same time”, He continued. At least it took his mind off of the more negative feelings he was confronted with when walking into the office. Thinking about how his family used to walk around there as well.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Alison Winter do nov 22 2018, 21:26

"Oh, I know you would, though the question is whether or not you should." she teased him. She knew that he probably really didn't mind pausing his job to pay his friends a little visit, but he was also serious enough that he never would've left if there was any way he couldn't. She followed him to the corner, setting herself down on the couch opposite his before neatly crossing her legs.

Her eyes lit up when he said the word 'great'. Of course he would be great, he was the type of person who would turn around events until they were in his favour. "Really? Promoted? That's so good!" She stood up again, almost as soon as she'd sat down, to give him another hug. What could she say? She was a touchy person. "Look at you being all grown-up." she teased him, while sitting down again. The only thing she didn't like was when he talked about being distracted as a good thing, though she did understand why he said it. "Well, if you ever need to be distracted by something other than work, you know you can always send me an owl." She wouldn't mind ravaging around London for a bit, to be quite honest. "Now, tell me, do they look at you differently? Now that you've got promoted? Mister Crowley." She grinned. She really was proud of him.
are you afraid to fall
Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind 24ealas

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID

Potions professor

Bericht van Frederick Crowley do nov 22 2018, 22:59

They both had grown up. They both had responsibilities now. That didn’t mean they would let those come in between them though. It was reassuring in a nice way to know their friendship was as strong as ever. Frederick laughed softly when she made a comment on how he had to make sure he was actually in a right place to drop everything. ”What can I say, you got me there”, He said with a sheepish grin. If it would be an actual emergency though, he would not even think twice about it. He would fight every single person in the Ministry if he had to. Which would probably end badly for him, to be honest.

Plus, he liked working at the Ministry. It had given him purpose in life, and he was proud of what he had achieved. So sharing those achievements with her made him almost beam with happiness. Especially when she seemed very pleased with it as well. With a soft hum he accepted her surprise hug. ”I might take you up on that”, He replied with a nod. ”Besides, who else do I take shopping?” He added to clear the air a bit again. ”They sure are more inclined to follow my orders now, yes. Especially the older aurors”, He replied to her question with a grin. ”It also helps most of my plans actually turn out to work well”, He joked. No one would follow a moron into battle. ”But what about you then? How have you been”, He then asked. Enough about him, he wanted to hear what she had been up to lately.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Alison Winter vr nov 23 2018, 22:28

It was somewhat surreal to have him here, as if they'd gone back in time ten years. Except that they were never allowed in the teacher's lounge back then. Still, Hogwarts was a different place for a student than it was for a teacher, but his presence blurred the lines just a little. If she was in a worse mood, that realisation could have even made her a little sad, but for now it was just great that he was here. As if nothing had truly changed.

She laughed when he started talking about shopping. Yes, it was true that they shared their love for retail therapy, especially doing it together. "I trust you have other friends." Or maybe he had something more than friends? No, he would tell her if that were the case, she was sure of it. "They ought to be," she continued, "you deserve everyone's respect, regardless of age."

He then asked about her. "I've been great! Married life has been treating me well." she gloated. Her and Nyx had been married not too long ago, and not that much had changed, really, except that their love had felt just that little more confirmed. "My job is... Well, not as exciting as yours, I imagine." She smiled, but started playing with her ring absentmindedly. She enjoyed her job, but she wouldn't say it was her passion, necessarily.
are you afraid to fall
Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind 24ealas

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID