Expecto Patronum
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Colourblind

Pagina 2 van 3 Vorige  1, 2, 3  Volgende

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Ga naar beneden

Colourblind - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Colourblind

Bericht van Frederick Crowley za nov 24 2018, 00:22

As much as he could lose himself in his work, he was now forgetting about the concept of time as well. It was, to put it bluntly, a mindfuck. Nothing had changed, but everything had. He decided not to think about it too much. He just wanted to enjoy this without worrying. Positive mental attitude. The promise of going shopping with her soon, brightened his mood right away. ”I do, but there is only one you”, He was quick to respond to her words. Of course he loved his friends back in London. But none of them compared to her. She was truly irreplaceable.

The conversation shifted to his colleagues now, and how they had been treating him after his promotion. ”Thanks, you are too kind”, He smiled softly. ”I think every newbie goes through a period of getting questioned though”, He then shrugged. Even though training weeded out the weaker applicants, the more experienced aurors still didn’t quite respect someone who hadn’t been tested properly to their standards. He had only felt that shift when he had proven himself in the field on his own, instead of under the care of a mentor.

Fred listened closely to what she had to say. ”Married”, He echoed her. ”It’s still such a weird realisation. We are getting old, aren’t we?” He joked. ”But I’m glad you’re doing well”, He continued. Her comment about her own job made him frown lightly. ”There is a lot of paperwork in my job as well, don’t worry about that”, He then chuckled. If there was a new war to break loose, they could probably just throw all their files towards their enemies. They’d be defeated and buried in one go.

we've never burned so bright
Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind - Pagina 2 LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID
Year: Graduate
Species: Wizard

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Bericht van Alison Winter zo nov 25 2018, 23:52

His repeating of the word suddenly made it sound that much weirder than it had before. Married. She glanced down, looking at her hands toying with her wedding ring, suddenly feeling a little bashful. When they were little, they used to talk about what their lives would be like when they grew up, and she never would have thought it would turn out like it did. Not that she would trade it, of course. Not for anything in the world. But still, married. It was weird.

She looked up at him again, a smile on her face. "Speak for yourself," she laughed, "I'm still as radiant as ever." Alison was someone who was easy to mock, so it was best if she just did it herself. "Oh, I know. Every job requires it at some point, doesn't it?" Why the whole concept of 'paperwork' even existed was beyond her. "What I meant to say is... My subject lacks evolution. It's rare for new potions or theories to pop up, and I can't just let my students experiment. So I've been teaching pretty much the same material for the past ten years." She frowned slightly. Most subjects probably didn't change that much, she probably just didn't quite realize how repetitive it would be when she decided she would stay at the school after graduation. "But the people change, of course. I learn new things about my students every day. I watch them grow right in front of my eyes, which is very rewarding." She hadn't given it much thought, but that actually was very special. Especially considering the fact that she would probably never have kids of her own.

hard candy

dripping on me 'til my feet are wet and now she's all over me it's like i paid for it It's like i paid for it i'm gonna pay for this;
Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :
Colourblind - Pagina 2 24ealas

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID

Potions professor

Bericht van Frederick Crowley ma nov 26 2018, 00:18

Life could take such unexpected turns. For instance, he had never thought he’d actually graduate the auror program. He had always hoped he would, so he could make his parents proud. Following in their footsteps, just as his older brother. And here he was, even getting promoted. He often wondered what his mother would have to say about it. It was sad he couldn’t ask her. His dad sometimes tried to reassure him by telling him she would be very proud of him, but it wasn’t exactly the same. Still, he tried to believe him. In that same way, he knew Alison wanted to prove herself as well. Getting married had not been the plan, but it had just happened and he could tell she was truly happy with it.

”Of course you are, I regret not bringing sunglasses”, He joked back at her comment. He then listened to her explain what part of her job she wasn’t really satisfied with. It was true, once reaching perfection in a certain type of magic, there was nothing much more to keep busy with. ”It is the same matter, yes. But by now, you’re an expert at it, aren’t you? That’s respectable”, He told her. He knew he wasn’t the only person to think that way. Most of them never reached such a level of proficiency. ”It sounds like a precious experience. Knowing you can change their life for the better and shape them to be better as a person as well, you know”, He smiled. Those students basically lived here for nine years after all. It shaped their future, and she could help to do that.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Alison Winter vr nov 30 2018, 22:13

She frowned slightly. An expert. She had never thought of herself that way, but she supposed it was true. Even though she had just kind of rolled into the job. After graduation, Nyx had wanted to stay and she didn't have any better ideas. She had always been good at brewing potions, so that's the internship she had decided to take. It hadn't necessarily been out of passion, but of course her knowledge had expanded since she first started teaching.

"I suppose so." she hummed with a smile. She had her hands folded in her lap, but brought one up to put a strand of hair behind her ear. "But you know how I hate these serious conversations. I've missed you so much, Fred, why don't we do something fun while you're still here?" He would probably have the time, right? And she could always make time. She didn't mind a little night work if it meant she could spend the day with her best friend. "How long are you staying here anyway?"

hard candy

dripping on me 'til my feet are wet and now she's all over me it's like i paid for it It's like i paid for it i'm gonna pay for this;
Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID

Potions professor

Bericht van Frederick Crowley zo dec 02 2018, 15:26

His job required him to learn about so many different subjects. That way, it was quite hard to really reach a level of mastery in them though. He knew a lot about potions and poisons, but not nearly as much as Alison. Same with all other kinds of magic. He was good at them, because he had no other choice. It was either get good or die in the field. Still, she was on another level. And he admired her for that. Well, and all other things that made her who she was. If anyone on this planet had his respect, it was her.

So he nodded a couple of times when she said she kind of agreed. Then she proposed to go and do something fun, instead of having such serious conversations. ”Yeah, you’re right, let’s go have some fun”, He agreed with a smirk. He got up from the couch and fixed his clothing a bit. ”I’m staying for about a week and a half, if there’s no emergency and they need me back sooner”, He replied to her question with a slight frown. Of course he hoped they wouldn’t send an owl, but if they did, then he would have to go back as soon as possible.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Alison Winter ma dec 03 2018, 18:24

A week and a half. That was long. Well, it wasn't nearly long enough time to spend with him, but she couldn't imagine he got even more time off, which meant that he had decided to spend all his free time here. At his old school. Anyone else she would've thought crazy, but she knew that he just cared so much for the people he loved. That's just the kind of person he was. So of course he would spend a week and a half here, it shouldn't be surprising.

"That's good. That's long." She smiled. "I hope there won't be an emergency, you deserve your time off." That sounded so selfless, but of course she also hoped that she would be able to spend as much time with him as possible. He was like her brother, for god's sake. She got up to get out of the stuffy teacher's lounge and do something else instead. "If you want to go oustide, I have to get my coat first. It's in our quarters still." She had a slight frown on her face. She really didn't mind what they did, but it was sort of chilly, even for her.

hard candy

Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID

Potions professor

Bericht van Frederick Crowley di dec 04 2018, 01:42

It was quite an honour he was still welcome here at Hogwarts. Well, of course he wasn’t the only one visiting his old school, was he? But he would be staying for over a week, which was quite some time. He was not here for business after all, but purely for pleasure. And he was already distracting one of the professors from her work. Oops. The headmaster wouldn’t mind, right? He didn’t know if he was allowed to stay for this long because of his friendships with several professors, or the fact he worked for the Ministry of Magic. Maybe it was both. Either way, he was glad to be here. He wouldn’t want to spend his free time anywhere else.

”I hope so too. I would’ve personally written all the bad guys a letter to keep quiet for a bit, but then I would know where to find them and I would probably be on my way to arrest them”, He laughed. If anything, they were good at hiding. It sometimes took them months to track them down. ”Hmm. How about we just go to your quarters and stay inside for a while? Travelling here made me oh so tired”, He said dramatically. As if going through the port key had cost him so much energy, cough cough. "Besides, isn't it about time I go through your wardrobe to approve your latest haul?" He then grinned. A good old fashion show.. He wouldn't say no to that.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Alison Winter zo dec 23 2018, 20:26

It was starting to feel more and more like the olden days. His dramatic sass was one of many things she had missed about him and his perspective on fashion was always welcomed. They used to do legit fashion shows when they were little, with her walking down the stairs in her mother's heels that were way to big on her, and him in her father's ties that were knotted entirely the wrong way. Fashion was something they bonded over, that was for sure.

So the thoughtful frown was replaced with a huge grin. She nodded enthusiastically. "Of course! How long has it been since you've been to our quarters anyway?" She asked while leading him out of the teacher's lounge and into the hallway. She had done some redecorating in the past few months and was curious for his opinion on that as well.

They quickly arrived, and she opened the door to reveal a classically decorated room, but not as pink as one might expect from Alison. She had to share it, after all. It was obvious which of the two desks in the room belonged to her and which one to her wife, as hers was neatly put together and Nyx' was... not. "You know where to find my closet, right?" She asked with a wicked grin.

hard candy

room:
Alison Winter
Potions professor
Alison Winter
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Cat

Hogwarts ID