Expecto Patronum
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Stormy weather [Fred]

Pagina 2 van 2 Vorige  1, 2

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Ga naar beneden

Stormy weather [Fred] - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Stormy weather [Fred]

Bericht van Aryana Miller zo dec 16 2018, 17:12

No one ever finds life worth living - one has to make it worth living

Being close to an animal; especially one that most Muggle’s wouldn’t see up close that often, was something that was really appreciated by the young child. Her owl had been the first friend she had on Hogwarts, and as such one of her most important companions. He might not have been able to speak with her, but he did understand the small girl. Her aunt and uncle had given her permission to adopt an animal. That on itself was a miracle especially since one of Aryana’s nephews disliked animals. Instead she had chosen to adopt an owl; it was nice to write back home if she had dared to do so. Aryana felt really protective over her snowy owl, if something harmed him, she probably would be devestated.

It however was time to bring Archie back to the warm and dry tower. He needed a good rest after flying around in the rain, his sharp eyes were calm but sharp. His playfulness had died away, but his energetic behaviour still suggested that he loved being around his young friend. Fred proposed to walk with her, something the girl accepted without hesitation. She deemed him trustworthy enough; besides she didn’t mind his company. While walking Aryana wondered if Fred had an owl he could call his own. Especially since they were used a lot while sending letters from one Wizard to another. ”We do not have our own owl, no. But there are several we are allowed to use if we need them, for sending messages and such”, He explained, the girl had surprise written all over her face. ”Just like this school has its own school owls?” She asked him for some clarification; it seemed a lot easier to have her own owl; that way they would become bonded  and more trusted in her opinion. True friends were not to be underestimated. ”I do have a cat though, back home”, Frederick said, a smile forming around his lips. The girl smiled slightly; it was good to know that she had just made an acquaintance that also seemed to be an animal friend. ”I like animals, I guess it comes within the family. Aunt Persephone works here and teaches about them after all.” She whispered while she stepped into the tower, over the slight doorstep. Carefully her owl fluttered towards a higher position to rest, after which he tucked his head under a wing.

Aryana turned around to face the older Wizard after which she flicked back some of her wet hair and shyly asked him one burning question. ”Why did you come outside in such weather?” It was after all raining quite a bit. As far as she knew, most Wizards and Muggles alike disliked the cold, pelting rain. It was something that made them stick inside; between the warm and welcoming walls of Hogwarts. Although, welcoming; it could be quite dangerous in the school. From moving stairs to strange things in the dark corners of the school. Of course the teachers would protect them; but the might not be able to always. No one was invincible even with magic. After all her mother had died with magic to protect her. Aryana focused her eyes onto the direction of the school; it was dark outside, and the pouring rain didn’t make her vision any better. Slowly she moved over the doorstep again into the natural force of nature; the storm had finally broken loose.

@Frederick Crowley || words: 574

Aryana Miller
Hufflepuff student
Aryana Miller
icon + karakterkaart :
Stormy weather [Fred] - Pagina 2 6j1dOY7

IC :

Name :
Butter

Hogwarts ID
Year: First year
Species: Wizard

Hufflepuff student

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Bericht van Frederick Crowley zo dec 23 2018, 14:38

Owls were very standard pets for people like them. He had never met a muggle who owned an owl. It wasn’t like they needed them for communication anyway. They had their phones they could use to text. Fair enough, he could as well. But it was some sort of tradition to send an owl, for some reason. ”Exactly. We have two people who are assigned to take care of them”, He explained. A job that was not quite familiar to people that were not involved in the Ministry, yet one of importance. A happy owl was a good owl, after all.

His cat was like that as well. Once he was not happy he could get very grumpy and kind of aggressive. Even towards him. But Frederick took good care of his friend. He was the only company he had back in London. This way he did not get lonely. When Aryana mentioned Persephone all of a sudden, addressing her as aunt, he looked at her surprised. ”Professor Ichor is your aunt?” He asked her. ”Interesting. I met her when I arrived here yesterday”, He explained with a smile. Tactically leaving out the details of their little adventure to the child.

Now it was her turn to question his motive for being outside. For the time being, they were out of the rain. The sound it made on the roof, was quite pleasant. ”Let’s wait this storm out for a bit, shall we?” He said as he noticed she was about to step outside of the tower. They could get comfortable in the hay laying around, right? Frederick sat down on a sturdy looking stack, that could surely carry his weight. ”Professor Nekrasov asked if I could assist him in one of his classes. We are planning on giving a duelling demonstration. I wanted to come out and practise some of my techniques and spells”, He explained to her. It sure was safer to do such a thing outside, and away from the people inside the castle.

someone else will take the crown if ever i leave
Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Stormy weather [Fred] - Pagina 2 LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID
Year: Graduate

Bericht van Aryana Miller zo dec 23 2018, 16:29

It was strange to see and notice all the differences between the Muggle World and the Wizarding World. For example, owls were almost never kept by Muggles while they were a normal pet for Wizard families. A Muggle did have no need for an owl to send messages, they had technology such as phones. Here it was tradition to do things the old way, without any technology but with lots and lots of magic. ”Exactly. We have two people who are assigned to take care of them”, The older wizard explained, patiently. It was a fact that owls were good whenever they were happy. If she did not pay her owl enough attention, he could grow quite annoyed with her. It was clearly that such a thing rarely happened; which meant that the owl was quite docile and gentle.

Even when landing on her shoulder or arm, he would try his best not to hurt her with his claws. He was meant to hurt prey like mouse with it; to kill it. Aryana knew that it was normal for them to hunt on small animals. Even though she sometimes felt horrible knowing that they had to die to keep her animal alive. She disliked finding dead animals although most pets ate meat.

When she spoke about her aunt he seemed surprised. ”Professor Ichor is your aunt?” He asked her. The young girl nodded with a soft smile. ”Interesting. I met her when I arrived here yesterday”, The girl did not know her aunt that long but she loved her. He seemed to like her as well. "Yes and she is nice," the girl explained with a bright smile upon her small innocent face.

Now it was her turn asking a question to the older wizard, the young child wondered what he had done outside. For the time being they were outside the rain. Inside the Owlery it was dry and warmer, more comfortable then the stormy weather could ever be. She was about to step outside to make her way back to the Common Room. The dark haired man stepped in however and practically told her to wait inside. ”Let’s wait this storm out for a bit, shall we?” Fred then sat down on one of the present stacks of hay. With soft steps and an insecure look upon her face she sat down next to him. Not too close, but still near to him, trusting his opinion. "Hay is itchy," The girl muttered looking at it with slight distaste. ”Professor Nekrasov asked if I could assist him in one of his classes. We are planning on giving a duelling demonstration. I wanted to come out and practise some of my techniques and spells”, He explained to the small child. Aryana looked slightly surprised at that, Professor Nekrasov seemed to be quite serious about his subject and did manage to act differently then she suspected he would. He did however help her with her fears so it was not too strange that he planned something like that. "That is hard to do inside. Professor Nekrasov actually is a pretty good teacher. I like him even though some do not, he taught me Protego already." the child seemed to be quite fond of the other dark haired wizard. It seemed strange that he asked for help from someone, for Professor Nekrasov seemed to be socially akward sometimes.

@Frederick Crowley || words: 564

Aryana Miller
Hufflepuff student
Aryana Miller
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Butter

Hogwarts ID

Hufflepuff student

Bericht van Frederick Crowley wo jan 16 2019, 14:34

The Ministry made sure the owls were well taken care of. They were important for their communication. Which seemed a bit ridiculous, considering the fact there were now faster and easier ways to get messages to where they should be. But the wizarding world could get stuck in traditions from time to time. The owl postage system was just one of many examples. It was not his place to question it or try to change it either, so he just rolled with it, like everyone else was. Aryana seemed to love her owl as well, so he trusted they served more purpose than just sending messages. They were pets, maybe not the species he preferred, but there would always be children like her who loved having one to play with.

A smile graced his lips as he saw how excited the little girl was when he mentioned Persephone. ”She is, yes. She thought me a thing or two about unicorns, stuff I’d forgotten from my classes”, He said with a soft grin. He wouldn’t mind spending more time with her for sure. But that was something he did not share with Aryana for now. It was not really her business anyway. Same went for what he was doing outside, but that information was far more innocent, so he saw no issue with sharing it.

”I’m glad you enjoy his classes. I admire his skill in battle. Don’t tell him just yet but I’m pretty sure that he is capable of beating me”, He laughed. ”Hence why I wanted to train a bit”, He continued. A slight frown appeared on his face when he looked outside. This storm better quit soon, or he wouldn’t have the opportunity to practise before the class would take place. ”Do you have more family here at Hogwarts? Brothers or sisters?” He then decided to ask. The thought of his own brother threatened to ruin his mood, but he quickly pushed that sadness aside again. This was not the time to miss him even more than he already did.

someone else will take the crown if ever i leave
Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Stormy weather [Fred] - Pagina 2 LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID
Year: Graduate

Bericht van Aryana Miller zo jan 27 2019, 20:33

On one hand, the traditions of the Wizarding World made her feel more at ease, while on the other it was just strange. There were plenty of ways to send letters, faster and easier then the way Wizards did. However if they had not done it the same way as her mother had described, she might have been less easily convinced to start her first term of school here. She remembered the words of her mother’s diary, she had a few of them. One of the few things that reminded her of the young lady that had passed away quite a few years ago. It reminded her of her personality as well as helped her come to terms with her mother’s dead.  The owl postage system was still the same, and one that she would use if she had letters to write to her aunt and uncle. She loved her owl, he was funny and smart, something that she could appreciate in any creature.

A smile graced the lips of Fred when he noticed how excited she was to talk about her aunt Persephone. She didn’t know her as well as her muggle aunt, but still loved being around her. Especially since she was the Head of her House. ”She is, yes. She taught me a thing or two about unicorns, stuff I’d forgotten from my classes”, He explained with a soft grin. Unicorns? The girl frowned slightly, it was a subject she hadn’t learned about yet. Of course she was still in her first year and as such, had to learn almost everything. Especially since she had grown up without magic, everything was new and strange. Sometimes she questioned herself, it seemed as if she didn’t fit into this world as easily; it was difficult to understand some things and accept them as being a part of her. Things she had learned at her Muggle school were quite different. ”My mom loved animals as well, I think. At least that is what she wrote about in her diaries.” The girl whispered, while she moved her dark eyes towards the palms of her hand. She was clearly shy at times. Especially if she didn’t know how to hold a conversation.

”I’m glad you enjoy his classes. I admire his skill in battle. Don’t tell him just yet but I’m pretty sure that he is capable of beating me”, Fred laughed, which made her smile a little. Her comment on her mother was pushed out of her mind for now. She could think about her later, but right now she was having fun with the older Wizard. Learning about his motives, and a bit more about Professor Nekrasov. ”Hence why I wanted to train a bit”, He continued, clearly he was not even thinking about giving up, at this moment. He wanted to fight, to try and keep his own ground. It was quite inspiring, to see people with a bit of spirit and power inside of them. Not afraid to stand up for themselves or others. Maybe it was also in his job description, as a worker for the Ministry of Magic. Her mom had written something about it, if her memory had suited her right. The young girl followed his gaze to the sky, it seemed as if the rain would not stop. The storm was still blowing in full force, it was better to wait it out. The question remained however, if he still would have time to practice. ”Do you have more family here at Hogwarts? Brothers or sisters?” Fred asked, which made her look up at him while she swallowed uneasily. ”No, I am an only child. Mom died when I was three in an accident…. If you can call it that. Dad died when I was five.” She explained, her voice was soft while she looked at her shaking hands. ”Mom wrote about this world in her diaries, she kept them. She wrote something about Aurors I believe as well?” She muttered, while she looked up at him. It was in her opinion quite strange that her mother had mentioned them. Why would anyone write about those things in a diary? She had kept them with her, in hopes that she would one day understand her mother, like she should have when she would have grown up with her by her side. It also had helped her understand the world that she now resided in. ”She also used two names, Rhoswen Lilian Blackwood and Aphrodite Ichor. She tried to hide I guess in the Muggle World. There is a lot I still do not understand though. She wrote about a lot of things, but it made it easier for me to keep an open mind when I received my letter for Hogwarts.” She sighed after which she crossed her arms in front of her stomach and stared at the pelting rain. Aryana did not know why she had mentioned all this, only that she felt safe enough to share her thoughts with another person. One that would probably not use it in any way that would harm her. It was just strange. Something she could not understand. Why use two different names?

@Frederick Crowley || words: 867

Aryana Miller
Hufflepuff student
Aryana Miller
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Butter

Hogwarts ID