Expecto Patronum
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

Common ground

Pagina 4 van 6 Vorige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Volgende

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Ga naar beneden

Common ground - Pagina 4 Empty Re: Common ground

Bericht van Frederick Crowley wo nov 28 2018, 23:07

What made him a Gryffindor, and essentially a good auror as well, was the ability to step forward into a dangerous situation. To not let fear overrule and face the danger head on. It was a personality trait. It could not be taught, but it could be trained. He had learned how to ignore his emotions on the battlefield. Of course he had played with the idea of disabling them all with a potion or a spell. But then again, emotions were what made him work better. Under pressure he simply performed better.

That did not mean he enjoyed it though. It could be very tiring to deal with such intense emotions, especially if he had a few of those days shortly after each other. Perhaps that was why his request for a break was granted. Anyway. On to more happy thoughts. ”I worked the holidays last year, so it shouldn’t be a big deal if I ask to celebrate them this time”, He smiled. ”Besides, I’m sure they’d let me spend some time with my old man as well”, He continued. It was just the two of them now, they probably wouldn’t let his father sit all by himself during such a time, right?

the needle in our compass is trembling
Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :
Common ground - Pagina 4 LZ9ajdK

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID
Year: Graduate
Species: Wizard

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

Bericht van Lev Nekrasov do nov 29 2018, 19:06

- lev nekrasov -
It was nice to see the Auror now but he'd also like to see him more often. It was hard because of work so they didn't have many chances. It would be nice to be able to spend the holidays with him, like back in the old days. ”I worked the holidays last year, so it shouldn’t be a big deal if I ask to celebrate them this time”, Fred responded. A cheerful smile appeared on Lev's face. That would be nice. ”Besides, I’m sure they’d let me spend some time with my old man as well”, Fred added. Lev gave a nod in agreement. "It important to spend time with your father, is Sir Crowley still doing well?" the young man asked. He couldn't recall the last time he had seen him.
Lev Nekrasov
Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor
Lev Nekrasov
icon + karakterkaart :
Common ground - Pagina 4 Lev_li10

IC :

Name :
Anouk

Hogwarts ID
Year: N/A

Bericht van Frederick Crowley do nov 29 2018, 19:53

Last year he had kind of avoided celebrating Christmas and new years all together. He didn’t want to deal with the emptiness that was way too obvious at the dinner table. At the same time though, he had forced his father to do the same. He wasn’t even sure if the man had celebrated the holidays with some old friends, or if he had spent it home alone. He had kind of used his job as an excuse to not think about it too much, both to himself and his dad. Trying to focus on work as much as possible so he couldn’t get sad. Speaking of healthy coping mechanisms.

This year would be different though, he had promised himself that. He would try to meet up with Lev, and pay his dad a visit too. ”I know it is. I kind of dodged him a bit last year, so I want to make up for that”, He sighed. He placed his hands in his lap and started fidgeting with his thumbs. ”He worries too much, you know, since mom and Henry”, He continued, his voice going quiet at the end. Especially now he was retired, he seemed to push him into changing his job, because he was scared to lose his other son as well.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Lev Nekrasov do nov 29 2018, 20:14

- lev nekrasov -
”I know it is. I kind of dodged him a bit last year, so I want to make up for that”, Fred responded. It kind of made sense since what happend wasn't all too cheerful. He would probably have done the same. Not that it was the 'right' or 'good' thing to do, because those things didn't really exist in that situation. The auror let out a sigh and started fidgeting with his fingers. ”He worries too much, you know, since mom and Henry”, Fred continued with a voice that went quiet near the end of his sentence. Lev got up and softly put his hand on Fred's shoulder. He did not quite know what to say about it but he could at least offer his friend some support.
Lev Nekrasov
Lev Nekrasov
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Anouk

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Frederick Crowley do nov 29 2018, 21:06

There were always sad days. Sometimes more than there were happy ones. He filled those with work, so he could distract himself. He still enjoyed his work, though it was hard to walk into the office sometimes. His father had mentioned a couple of times he’d rather have Fred quit the job as well. Which was understandable, but also a bit unfair. He was well aware of the risks. There was no need for the man to make him more nervous than he already was when he was sent out on missions. Besides, his recent promotion proved that he was doing great. So why would he want to quit now?

The mood dropped a bit, and this time it was entirely his fault. Lev got up and put his hand on his shoulder in support, and it helped him snap out of it. He softly shook his head and a soft smile appeared around his lips. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bring that up”, He said. He put his hand on Lev’s for a second. ”Thank you”, He said while looking up. ”Anyway, you are very welcome to join me during the holidays. I’ll even cook if you want me to”, He said, to clear the air again. He wasn’t a master-chef, but his cooking wasn’t too bad either.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Lev Nekrasov do nov 29 2018, 21:20

- lev nekrasov -
Fred softly shook with his head before the small smile reappeared on his lips. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bring that up”, he said while putting his hand on Lev's for a second. Lev also shook his head sofly, in order to ensure Fred that he didn't mind this. They both ruined the mood once in a while by thinking of something sad. ”Thank you”, Fred said, looking up to him. Lev gave s soft squeeze in his friends shoulder. ”Anyway, you are very welcome to join me during the holidays. I’ll even cook if you want me to”, Fred said in order to get to a slightly more positive mood. A smile appeared on Lev's face. "I would like that. Makes me think of that time you wanted to sneak into the kitchen and I just had to go with you," Lev grinned. That had been quite the disaster because of multiple reasons.
Lev Nekrasov
Lev Nekrasov
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Anouk

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Frederick Crowley do nov 29 2018, 21:59

Pushing the sad thoughts aside, he changed the subject. He would deal with that later. As he always told himself.. But that were thoughts he did not allow in his mind right now. Instead, he recalled that night Lev was talking about. He pulled back his hand with a last little pad and leaned back into the chair again. ”Me? Sneaking into the kitchen?” He said, as innocent as possible. ”I would never do such a thing”, He grinned, as if he was that young boy again.

As headboy, it was expected of him to behave. He had not always done so. Like that one night, in the kitchen. ”I shall try not to cover the whole kitchen in flour this time”, He chuckled. Baking cookies in the middle of the night, in a badly lit room, was not the best activity to do when already tired. Lifting a heavy bag of flour out of an overhead cabinet, had been an even worse idea.

Frederick Crowley
Auror
Frederick Crowley
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Wolf

Hogwarts ID

Bericht van Lev Nekrasov do nov 29 2018, 22:22

- lev nekrasov -
As soon as Fred let go of his hand with a pat, Lev took his hand off the young man's shoulder was well. ”Me? Sneaking into the kitchen?” Fred responded on an innocent tone. ”I would never do such a thing”, he continued with a grin. Lev got 'war' flashbacks straight away. Everything was white, everything. ”I shall try not to cover the whole kitchen in flour this time”, Fred chuckled. "Please add me to the list, white doesn't look good on me." Lev grinned thinking back to that drama. Showering after that wasn't all that great either since everything became sticky.
Lev Nekrasov
Lev Nekrasov
icon + karakterkaart :

IC :

Name :
Anouk

Hogwarts ID